More than a portable player
The KANN Cube is the most powerful portable music player from Astell&Kern to date. It delivers exceptional sound quality from hard-to-drive high-performance headphones. And it can play from a variety of digital music sources.
Play your downloaded high-res FLAC, WAV, and DSD files in their native resolution. You can even stream your favorite music service via Wi-Fi. Built-in Bluetooth lets you listen through wireless headphones. A 5-pin mini XLR jack lets you connect the player to your high-performance audio system without compromising sound quality.
Maximize your headphone listening
The KANN Cube has a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and a 2.5mm balanced 4-pole output for compatible high-performance headphones.
The balanced output delivers up to 12Vrms — the highest output ever for an Astell&Kern portable player. So you don't need a separate headphone amp, even with the most demanding high-performance 'phones.
You can also select high, medium or low output modes to best match the type of headphones you're driving.
Top-flight audio performance
The KANN Cube has two professional-grade eight-channel digital-to-analog converters (DACs). That's eight DAC channels of processing for each stereo audio channel. You'll experience an exceptionally open soundstage with effortless detail.
The KANN Cube can do native playback of Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files — even Quad DSD. You also get bit-perfect playback for PCM-based files up to 32-bit/384kHz.
The player is compatible with MQA, a high-resolution audio format used in TIDAL's "Masters" streaming music service tier and by other music download sites on the web. And it delivers surprisingly detailed sound even from CD-quality and compressed music files.
Astell&Kern Open APP
Astell&Kern's free Open APP service lets you install popular music apps on your player. So you can enjoy high-res streaming with your TIDAL or Qobuz subscriptions. You can also install Deezer, Spotify, Amazon music, Pandora and more. Listen to internet radio stations and podcasts through TuneIn Radio, and even enjoy SiriusXM programs..
Built-in and expandable memory
The KANN Cube features a 128GB internal memory. The microSD card slot can handle cards up to 1TB, for total storage of up to 1152GB. The player connects to your computer via an included USB-C cable for speedy file transfers.
More premium features
The player has a generous 5" touchscreen, giving you a clear, high-def view of music selections and menus. A gnarled volume control knob lets you make minute changes. The player has a milled aluminum casing, designed for durability and visual appeal.
- digital music player — plays MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, WMA, DFF, DSF,and MQA
- native DSD playback for DSD64 (2.8MHz), DSD128 (5.6Mz), and DSD256 (11.2MHz) files
- Dual ESS SABRE ES9038PRO 8-channel digital-to-analog converters for bit-perfect playback of high-resolution audio files (up to 32-bit/384Khz for PCM and 11.2MHz for DSD)
- 128GB internal flash memory
- microSD card slot for cards up to 1TB
- built-in Wi-Fi for streaming and downloading music from a networked computer via DLNA
- Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX™ HD (A2DP supported, not recommended for files with sampling rates greater than 48kHz)
- 5" color HD touchscreen display
- analog volume knob provides fine level adjustments
- 5-pin mini XLR output for connection to a high-performance audio system
- 3.5mm unbalanced headphone/optical output for connection to headphones, receiver/amp, or an external DAC
- 2.5mm balanced 4-pole output for compatible headphones
- high-speed USB-C interface (cable included) for high-speed file transfer and battery charging
- Astell&Kern free Open APP service allows specific music services to be installed into the player, including Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Spotify, Amazon music, Pandora, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM, and others (subscriptions required)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 9 hours
- durable milled aluminum alloy casing
- output levels:
- high: 12Vrms (balanced); 6Vrms (unbalanced)
- mid: 8Vrms (balanced); 4Vrms (unbalanced)
- low: 4Vrms (balanced); 2Vrms (unbalanced)
- frequency response: 10-70,000Hz ±0.07dB (unbalanced); ±0.0087dB (balanced); ±0.087dB (XLR out)
- output impedance: 1.2 ohm (balanced); 1.6 ohm (unbalanced)
- total harmonic distortion: 0.0004% (1kHz, unbalanced output)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 117dB @ 1kHz (unbalanced); 128dB @ 1kHz (balanced XLR)
- 3-1/2"W x 5-9/16"H x 1-1/4"D
- weight: 17.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Portable digital audio player
- 2 Protective film
- microSD Slot cover
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card